The "Thomas Lowry" was built in 1838 by J.W. Green of Dartmouth for Stringer & Co. of Liverpool (110' x 29' x 7'). Captain Charles G. Pethabridge left London and Plymouth in August 1848 bound for Adelaide, South Australia arriving December 5, 1848.
The passengers from the 'THOMAS LOWRY' met at William's "City Bridge Hotel" to publicly record their opinion of the treatment they had received during the voyage, and especially of the conduct of the Captain, his chief officer, and the Surgeon Superintendent. To learn about the SHAMEFUL TREATMENT OF THE PASSENGERS OF THE 'THOMAS LOWRY'
CABIN PASSENGERS: Robert Milligan and wife and infant,
Miss A Towgood,
J F Haigh,
Mr Alexander Tooman and wife,
Mr John Small, Buxton F. Laurie
Reference: The South Australian Register, ADELAIDE (December 6, 1848)
Any and all copyrighted graphics are acknowledged as of their respective owners.